Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda Tonic Health Benefits - Ted's Q&A

Browse Ted's Q&A

Did It Cause Psoriasis?

Posted by Elizabeth (Ludington, MI) on 03/30/2007

I used ACV for my allergies and CFIDS fatique. I started with 2tsp Bragg's to 1/8 tsp Baking Soda. I did this for five days in great hope of success. I now have itchy red sore psorisis on my face. It is swollen too. I have psorisis and I read it would help it but it flared up after only 5 days on the ACV. I was so hoping it would make me feel better not worse. Any ideas? I have two larger 32 oz bottles of it and can't use it. I stopped three days ago. Sure looked interesting. Thanks for the effort.

Replied by Ted
Bangkok, Thailand
383 posts

Always try half of the dose. If there is still a problem, just baking soda 1/8 teaspoon, or 1/16 teaspoon will do, but this time without the apple cider vinegar. Taking a bath in baking soda and sea salt helps too. When in doubt, just add a couple of cups in a bathtub.

One more tip. Get a ACV and apply to the skin to test whether you are alergic. But you need to do two things. Applying to skin without the reaction, and a skin that is already having rashes. If the rashes are reduce it should help. Another is to try distilled vinegar and apply to the skin, and then try it mixed with baking soda. Once you found a good combination that is the one that have a chance of producing a minimum rash or reduce rash. Sometimes the body's biochemistry is going against your body, in which case two antioxidants works the best. One is sodium ascorbate, and the other is vitamin E. Try 200 i.u. for sensitive people than decide further whether to increase or reduce dose. The secret to minimum problems is to space them apart..

Replied by Elizabeth

Hi again, I wrote earlier about what I thought was a psoriasis flare after 5 days on the ACV. (2tsp ACV to 1/16 tsp Baking Soda) I am so sensitive I have to start slow. Anyway, I forgot that I had tried my natural Simicort ( non steroid )cream which always works and it made it worse instead. I had tried it again last night and woke up with worse swelling this am. I have a high IGE 1443 so I may be allergic to the mother if it is a fungus of any kind. I recently found that I am allergic to Mannitol which is derived from a fungus. My pharmacist said that it is a bad one to be allergic to, it is in so many things. Guess this in not for me. Thanks for what you do, you are needed in this world of too much alleopathic medicine and it's side effects which can be much worse. I lost my hearing in one ear last year due to Xolair! I am off Serevent and Advair since I found it was making me worse and now I find out they contain Mannitol a known allergen. It makes no sense to put an allergen into a med that is supposed to help with breathing. I stopped theophyline a month ago now that I have cut out the Mannitol. I can now keep our two Shih Tzu's that we love so much! Keep up the good work, I know I am the exception to the rule. My pharmacist says if it is going to happen to someone it will be me. I hope to turn that around too and make it good things. "Thinking of positive attraction" Elizabeth

Replied by Ted
Bangkok, Thailand
383 posts

Dear Elizabeth:

Yes, a sensitive person can take acv baking soda at 1/16 teaspoon. The reason for sensitivity to many thing is the body is excess acidity, high free heavy metals, and a small amount of magnesium helps.

The other thing I found, is if you are more sensitive than that, than just gor for 1/16 or 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda in 1/2 glass of water. A couple of leaves of fresh coriander added into your soup now and then will remove the excess heavy metals.

Certain chemical toxins can only be detoxed with 3% hydrogen peroxide food grade. For the more sensitive people it is about 1-3 drops of H2O2 3% in 1 glass of water taken in the morning. Adding 1/16 teaspoon of baking soda in that also helps. Hydrogen peroxide basically removes chemical toxins accumulated by the body over the years by oxidation. Even a small amount helps. If you are too sensitive to such, there as a couple of ways to create a tiny amount of hydrogen peroxide whenever water bottle is shaken vigorously. Another is putting several quartz rocks in a plastic bottle and shaken vigorously will produce both a tiny amounts of possibly hydrogen and peroxides, through a piezoelectric effect (weak) and this has a healing power also. It must be noted that our drinking water has chlorine and adding some dechlorinator to rid of the chlorine also helps. If you can't find one, then just put in good quality charcoal in the drinking water bottle, which should last for a couple of days, before it needs discarding.

Replied by Elizabeth

I am sorry I forgot something else believe it our not. I hope all three emails can be compiled. I have blisters on the roof of my mouth also. Just two and they are going away but it happened after doing the low dose ACV. Thanks again

Replied by Ted
Bangkok, Thailand
383 posts

Elizabeth: There are actually two ways to reduce or get rid of blisters. Using a baking soda as a mouthwash 3 or 4 times a day, any amount depending on your preference. The other is ACV mixed with plain water, to reduce the acidity so it won't harm the enamel of the teeth. Most foods we eat harms our teeth that should be noted, is sugar, soda pop, and fruit juices. Eating whole fruits is safer because the fiber content of the fruits buffers the acidity of the fruits, as well as sugar. This is why buffer or fibers rich foods are so important for people with diabetes and other allergies. It prevents blood sugar spikes, which may lead to allergies caused by fungus. Fungus have a strong preference for sugar.


NEXT