Hydrogen Peroxide as a Natural Remedy: Benefits and Precautions - Ted's Q&A

Browse Ted's Q&A

Help with Breathing Problems?

Posted by Douglas (Monticello, FL) on 09/03/2006

My question is the h202, peroxide. I used it 10 or more years ago. Don't remember why I quit. My problem is more either lung or heart. The older I get the more difficult it is to exert myself. I was always able to outwork even twenty year olds when I was in my early fifties (I'm now 58). I have no stamina, and with exertion, I have a problem breathing correctly, and I have more and more chest discomfort. My problems started when I spent an hour or two finishing up some plumbing for our church camp while the ladies poured bleach and other cleaners on the floor and scrubbed before I got through. A couple of days later, I filled up with fluid and could barely breathe. After 7-8 years, I started the cayenne and garlic. Up until 3 years ago, I had no more problems, but now it has returned. I started back taking 21 drops of 35% in a glass of Spicy V-8. I usually follow this with at least one glass of well water, non treated by the feds. What is the major opinion concerning this method? I am still unsure about the mist with 3% due to the additives. Thanks for your input.

Replied by Ted
Bangkok, Thailand
391 posts

Dear Douglas: Taking H2O2 in this case might not help. The body if it is due to excess bleach and chlorine buildup, taking some dechlorinator, such as sodium thiosulfate 10% added about 5 drops per glass of water should noticeably help you more. Sodium thiosulfate might be available in the local swimming pool supplier. Perhaps preparing a wet towel soaked with this 10% solution on the skin should noticeably improve the halogen buildup.

It would appear your body's Oxidation Reduction potential leans on the oxidative side due to chlorine buildup, in which case another simple remedy is to give a try is freshly squeezed whole lemon with some water added to make 1/2 glass of water.

Slowly add baking soda in intervals of 1/4 teaspoon until the fizz is minimal. The resultant solution should be a lemon that tastes like water. This solution is biologically active negative ORP of about -140 millivolts and should raise the body's ORP to a level that is considered normal and normalize the pH where urinary pH is ideally at 6.5 - 7.35. and salivary pH is between 7 - 7.49.

By the way, I would much prefer a food grade 1% H2O2 for inhalation rather than the 3% H2O2. And your conditions doesn't seem to be supportive of using H2O2, it is more like chlorine is suppressing your immune functions so raising this by taking some kelp, seaweed, pumpkin seeds, and possibly to zinc supplements such as zinc acetate is more in line with your conditions.