Hydrogen Peroxide Therapy: Benefits and Side Effects - Ted's Q&A

Browse Ted's Q&A

Not a Cure-all

Posted by Alan (Amsterdam, NL) on 12/17/2007

Hello Ted, I have recently found an article from 1985 about hydrogen peroxide: Lack of antibacterial activity after intravenous hydrogen peroxide infusion in experimental Escherichia coli sepsis.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?&pubmedid=3888840

I think it is important for people to know H2O2 isn't a magic bullet against every microbe. What are your thoughts about this article?

Replied by Ted
Bangkok, Thailand
383 posts

Firstly, let me clear the popular misconception. Any antibiotics, antifungal or any medication in the world cannot kill every organism in the world, with possible exception of a nuclear holocaust. There is no single magic bullet, Mother nature knows that. I have never tried to find that. It also needs to be reminded tha at least officially that there is no cure for sepsis, septicemia or blood poisoning. Although I have managed to find one that worked, but certainly never 100%, statistically 100% is impossible, just look at the bell curve. Certain bacteria (mostly in the intestines such as e.coli are resistant any therapies and I am aware of this research for over 10 years (more like 15), and it is improper use of H2O2 by the authorities to treat sepsis. Basically what you are dealing here is blood poisoning by e. coli, which in most cases of blood poisoning, regardless of the type of treatment, a patient usually dies. You can ask any doctor who had experience with blood poisoning, or septicemia. However, the standard treatment of blood poisoning is actually colloidal silver, that is the only known remedy shown to work against the blood poisoning of septicemia where diagnosis of must cases such as this is fatal. Antibiotics of any form would also be useless. The remedy can be taken with the use of a couple of tablespoons every two hour. A proper preparation for a colloidal silver of this kind is only about 10 drops of 3% H2O2 is added in a 500 cc colloidal silver, and to be used by taken internally, about a tablespoon or two every two hours, but the use of I.V. in general are risky and I don't really like the idea of anything using I.V. I have seen many cases of blood poisoning from infections introduce through the I.V. in general. Whether I.V. use is good or bad, is always and still is decided by the doctor. In a standard microbiology there are bacteria that is resistant to acid, some are even resistant to alkaline, and another one resistant oxygen, and another in very high heat. So there is all sorts of bacteria and viruses that are resistant to various elements. One interesting "official" release is that prions (from mad cow disease) are virtually resistant to fire, heat, cold, acid, hydrogen peroxide, and alcohol, etc. It is almost virtually indestructible, but in my personal opinion prions is a protein, a tannic acid can easily kill them. One interesting little known fact is that AIDS virus don't get killed in alcohol, but it can be killed by boiling hot acetone to kill them. Of course alcohol hand washing in hospitals won't eliminate ALL organism, otherwise alcoholics won't need antibiotics! So a better bullet is colloidal silver mixed with H2O2 before use against sepsis, but tannins (from pomegranate, tannic acid, etc.) in generally are effective in most cases of bacteria and are much more broad spectrum, but still there might be lurking somewhere certain organism that can survive that, too, who knows?


NEXT