Top 10 Natural Remedies for Acid Reflux - Ted's Q&A

Browse Ted's Q&A

28 Year Old Male Diagnosed with Lprd

Posted by Anonymous on 06/09/2011

Hi Ted, Thanks for taking the time to read my email. I have been reading all your posts about acid reflux. I've had it for 7 years, I'm 28 - male from uk.

My doctor diagnosed me with LPRD - I have tried ppi pills and they were useless. I recently bought some ph strips, but they keep telling me my saliva is between 7 and 8. Are the ph strips wrong? I try it before I eat and after and it seems very little difference.

I have done years of research and feel like I am going around in circles.

What I have noticed recently is when my acid is really bad, my cheeks lose sensation slightly, even my nose a little. When I am very bad I suffer post nasal drip, but I haven't had this for a few months so I'm happy about that.

I always get mouth ulcers, nearly 80% of my days I have an ulcer at least one, maybe 4 or 5 sometimes.

My main question to you, which may help me solve my problem closer, is when I am very bad, usually at night time, every 2 or 3 hours I have to take a sip of my drink, usually blackcurrant, but sometimes water. My mouth/tongue will fizz and then I feel better again for another two hours.

The reason why I prefer blackcurrant over water is because it helps disguise that horrible taste, water doesn't help me with that.

I have tried half tea spoon of baking soda with water and this seems to stop the burning of my throat for a short while, this I learnt from your information at Earth Clinic, so thank you.

Please reply

Thanks

Replied by Ted
Bangkok, Thailand
06/09/2011
383 posts

The best remedy is two things: humic acid and lysine. That's as simple as I can make it. Humic acid helps acid reflux especially at night time. The dose is between 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon. I will try 1/8 first taken at night. In 90% of the cases it will stop it or slowly stop it. The humic acid I used is humic acid in powdered form. The lysine will stop the mouth ulcers, in fact I may be a viral issue too. As for your saliva, I don't think it's the pH issue, at least not for the saliva, in fact the mouth pH is 7.3 should be sufficient any amount higher then this might be fungus. Certain fungus tends to grow in very alkaline environment, in that case if the pH is indeed 8 or 7.5 your body should respond to ascorbic acid. The other pH you should check is the urinary pH. It should be 6.5 to 7.1. My numbers tend to be around that number being the best. It not get around there. Finally one thing that helped the acid reflux is also the digestive enzymers, taken before and after meals, and before sleep. The one downside to this is it cost a lot of money, humic acid is better. Much of acid reflux disease is mycoplasma, fungus and behave like a bacterial nature. Tannic acid will also helped if typical remedy is non-responsive. It's about 1/8 to 1/4 per liter of drinking water.

Ted

Replied by Anonymous
06/10/2011

Hi Ted,

Thanks for this information, I am going to buy lysine because you said it will stop the ulcers. Do I also need the humic acid, or perhaps I just need to pick one or the other?
I assume I should buy it as tablet form, how many should I take per day and should I take this forever or perhaps just for a few months?

I have also been diagnosed with something called Gilberts Syndrome, I've been assured it's harmless, but perhaps this has some strange link to my acid reflux problem? I'm just throwing this out there in case you know a link.

How do you test your ph so accurately? I have been using the strips, but they seem to tell me my ph of my saliva is about 7.5 and my urine is about 7 to 7.25.

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I'm still wondering about the answer to the subject of my email, regarding no fizzy drinks fizzing in my mouth on the first sip. It feels like when I drink something (any drink almost) it creates a fizz, I can hear it! It feels like its taking away something bad, because my mouth feels great again. My saliva often feels thick too.

Take care

Replied by Ted
Bangkok, Thailand
06/11/2011
383 posts

Lysine usually stops ulcers. As to your condition of mouth fizzing, there is I think to think your mouth is either alkaline or acid. The pH paper maybe wrong, it is best to do it electronic meters. There are organic forms of alkaline or acid that doesn't show in pH paper, so you maybe right. But it may fizz. You respond to baking soda, so check whether your urine pH is also in the range, 6.5 to 7.0, and you may take more baking soda, to three times a day, for 1/4 teaspoon first, and then one more before sleep. Try that for a week. If you respond to that more, you add more baking soda until things become normal both pH and ulcers. That's a simple remedy. It helps also if you can find potassium bicarbonate or potassium bicarbonate to the baking soda. of equal amounts to alkalized too, if you can find one. But it is best to try whatever you have first.

As to humic acid, one well known fact is if viral of any kind, I don;t care what kind, goes into the humic acid, it traps them. Thus it can reduce the viral load along the gastrointestinal tract and may kill acid reflux caused by a virus, bacteria is somewhat limited. Fulvic acid might be better in entering your body system, but they are partly successful in viral, but it's not effective that much.

Gilbert's syndrome in your case appears to be viral, so lysine may work in normalizing some liver function. The doctor's throughout most of the "free world" follows the Medical board, through what is known as a medical protocol, that doesn't work sometimes, and they got specialist which preventing from seeing the big picture as they are too narrowly focused on the organs. Even if doctors know about a cure, or a protocol they are not allowed to practice their own medicine. Medical boards are tied to Pharmaceuticals and makes it more difficult to promote any medical protocol that doesn't use their products. There are the idea that one organ effects the other, such as viral disease in the liver (viral hepatis) effects the mouth, and lead to ulcers they are not consider or cannot consider. I have the advantage of not following anyone rules if it doesn't work, but I have my own problem of money to do all this research. So it's one of those days.

You will need to take lysine 1000 mg or 1500 mg hourly four doses in the morning and three more in the evening. Then you do that for 3 days, then followed by three hourly doses for the other day. That's the simplest antiviral for both the viral liver and ulcers I can come up with. The ulcers is usually herpes simplex cause.

Thick saliva and antiviral too, is N Acetyl Cysteine. You can take schedule as same as lysine. Just take 250-500 mg N Acetyl cysteine and you can discontinue within the week as N Acetyl Cysteine cost more.

Ted


NEXT