Multiple Health Problems After Taking a Course of Antibiotics for Bacterial
Please help, i am losing my mind. (i eat all organic and haven't been this fit in years. Also I haven't been sick in 10 years. i am not overweight either.) after taking a course of antibiotics for bacterial vaginosis a month later problems arose. The next month, july, i realized i had some frontal sinus pain and an on again off again metallic taste. Air conditioning seemed to make it worse. I am allergic to mold and i smelled it coming out of the air conditioner at home. ( turned it off after a few days and also had the windows shut at night. I also had tonsil crypts that reopened after not having them for years. However, the mold count was extremely high in my area this year. the ENT gave me a week of antibiotics, but to no avail. i went to another doctor in august and she gave me allergy meds, and a nasal steroid spray for post nasal drip. the symptoms did not improve. i was nasal irrigating a few times a day and drinking a gallon of water. i kept looking at the back of my throat and i saw the shiny stuff (either post nasal drip or acid reflux, not sure). weeks pass and i continue the nasal irrigation, steroids, allergy meds, but to no avail. i still had the shiny stuff on the back of my throat and the white tongue when i woke up in the morning. I waited a few more weeks and take a whole bottle of mucinex and allergy meds and steroid spray and still no improvement. the shiny stuff is still occasionally on the back of my throat with a bad taste on again and off again. i go to europe for a few weeks and stop taking the allergy stuff and feel 50% better. I fly home and feel stuffed up on the plane. then i felt like i had a cold for 2 days. i waited 2 weeks and went back to dr. because now when i lay down at night each nostril would close depending on which side i lay on. i take 10 days of antibiotics and was still doing the irrigating but to no avail.. the ears began to ring loudly but have subsided a little. I still have the shiny stuff off and on. dr. says it's acid reflux. However, i do not have pain or heartburn. I have never had a problem with food (tomatoes, milk, carbs). I drank plenty of coffee and wine in europe and had no problems either. Dr. puts me on prilosec for 2 weeks and suddenly i can't eat fresh fruit or tomatoes without getting that acid taste a few hours later. I never had this until i took the prilosec. I still wake up with a dry nose as if I'm in a desert and one nostril is clogged with white tongue in the a.m. after i am awake for a little while i can breathe again and the nose unclogs. i told her in the beginning that i thought it was fungal but she didn't think so. i have been drinking the acv and taking probiotics and enzyme supplements as well for a week now. i stopped taking the prilosec a week ago and i still have the dry nose when i wake up and the white tongue which i can brush off. i took a few of naturum phosphicum and had terrible headaches for 3 days. also acid taste has returned with a vengeance. is this from acv or naturum phosphoricum? finally the acid taste seems to be subsiding but i'm not sure if it's from stopping the acv or the nat. phos. i'm sure that the prilosec caused my stomach to be depleted of acid since i had no problems eating before. is there a way to tell if it's fungal or sinus or both? please help i am going crazy from the dry nose and headaches upon waking. i usually feel better when i'm awake. but i have had allergies my whole life and i never had this before. i even bought a hepa filter just in case it's a dust mite problem and again the mold. I just want to know if this is a sinus problem (caused by acid reflux) or acid reflux caused by fungal or both or a combination. i really can't take it anymore. I also have been sleeping with the bed raised and this causes my scoliosis to hurt. it is very uncomfortable to sleep that way. it didn't help me with the dry nose either. my apt. is plenty humid as well. i am also very clean so i can't see why it would be allergies. i told the dr. that i wasn't even sneezing the whole summer (very strange i think). could this be fungal from the initial mold i smelled in the air conditioner? i haven't had a fever yet so she said it's not a sinus infection. and my mucous has always been clear. but again, i have not had a runny nose or common allergic symptoms since this began. in the beginning of this nightmare i would inhale steam and eucalyptus oil and my nose wouldn't even drain. again strange. ever since i went to these drs. i have been much worse off. why would my nose stuff up at night on one side and feel dry like a desert? is the white tongue from acid and/or pepsin. please help me!