Impressive Health Benefits of Oil Pulling - Ted's Q&A

Browse Ted's Q&A

Oil Pulling Questions for Ted

Posted by Kal on 08/27/2010

Hi Ted,

1) I have one big and few small white composite filling on my teeth. And also have some tiny amount of cavities on top (surface) of few teeth.

Is oil pulling ok for me?

2) What kind people with diseases/sickness cannot do Oil Pulling?

Thanks,
Kal

Replied by Ted
Bangkok, Thailand
08/28/2010
383 posts

Dear Kal:

1. Oil pulling with small composite filling is not affected by oil pulling.

2. If people with diseases/sickness, such as virus or flu, I might switched to coconut oil instead. For most conditions I tend to favor olive oil since I have the least negative feedback, which is unlike oil pulling other people used, such as sunflower oil, sesame oil for example. I have some cases of people getting flus or colds after oil pulling. This can prevented by doing oil pulling between brushing with toothpaste.

Finally I don't believe in doing doing oil pulling too long in one session. It seems doing it for a few minutes does the job in reducing heavy metals that is recirculating in the body.

It is a matter of techniques and what kind of oils that is used that matters. The techniques is doing short oil pulling, but done frequently usually works best in removing toxins, especially heavy metals and toxic oils that is recirculated in the system.

Ted

Replied by Kal
08/28/2010

Hi Ted,

Thanks for your reply.

1) I read on earthclinic site that other fillings (mercury, metal) have came out of people's mouth. So, composite does not come out?
I have one big composite filling.

2) So oil pulling with surface cavities on teeth is ok?

3) Can people with veneer on their teeth do oil pulling?

4) How short? Is it less than 20 minutes?

5) It looks like there is no restrictions for sickness for oil pulling.

Regards,
Kal

Replied by Ted
Bangkok, Thailand
08/28/2010
383 posts

Dear Kal:

1) Oil pulling seems to remove metals, but not composite, as oil dissolves metal easier. It would be nice if I can remove all mercury fillings using oil pulling, and then replace them with composites! No more mercury poisoning! So even if I do have mercury fillings, I might continue to do oil pulling in hopes of removing them as mercury is a neurotoxins. My main problem is oil pulling isn't very efficient enough in removing the mercury fillings. Some dentists change the name to Silver fillings, which is comprised of 50% mercury, to avoid using the words. So the fact that people cannot do oil pulling if they have mercury fillings, is a disinformation. The more you have it the more you should do it to remove the mercury toxicity AND in hopes of removing the mercury fillings!

2) Oil pulling on surface of the teeth tends to kill bacteria in the area. But remember, I am assuming it is done between tooth brushing. This means there is no food particles in the teeth, and the remaining bacteria is killed with the oil pulling. We then brush the teeth on top of that again.

3) The risk of veneers getting removed from oil pulling and eating food is about the same. The problem appears to be drinking hot drinks followed quickly by cold drinks. This may cause them to be removed by expansion/contraction that occurs from hot and cold food.

4) Generally the oil pulling is fine in between 1- 5 minutes. The idea of the 20 minutes oil pulling is established to kill most of the bacteria. The problem about that idea, was that they didn't consider toothbrushing with toothpaste to do any removal or reduction of bacteria. So yes, without the toothbrush and toothpaste, an oil pulling requires 20 minutes to do the job. However, a more realistic is to do oil pulling between toothbrushing. So you have a synergistic effect in less time. A good toothbrush formula that kills bacteria is a paste like consistency of baking soda, xylitol powder, and perhaps an optional soap powder., made from unscented soap. Baking soda is say 70%,xylitol is 25%, and optional 5% soap powder. The xylitol will kill the bacteria, that leaves oil pulling to remove the heavy metals and do some additional killing of viruses (with coconut oil) and other oils to handle killing of other bacteria.

5) Sickness from oil pulling is more associated not doing it between brushing of teeth. It's more from incorrect use. Also some people tend to like certain kinds of oils, that they are not allergic too. I don't tend to like canola oil from that point of view, or oils that use trans fatty acid, which doesn't exist in nature.

Ted

Replied by Kal
08/28/2010

Hi Ted,

Thank you so much for your detailed answer. Can I ask just one more question?

I read on your post that you don't use doctor's antibiotic as it is useless for you. You use alternative antibiotic. May I ask what that is?
Hope you have a good weekend.

Kind regards,
Kal

Replied by Ted
Bangkok, Thailand
08/28/2010
383 posts

Depending on conditions, sea salt for urinary infections. Magnesium for skin rashes. Iodine topical for herpes skin outbreak. Sea salt lozenges or baking soda taken in small sips for sore throat. Clove oil drops for stomach upsets. Lysine hourly dose for any colds and flu. Vitamin b5 and zinc for acne. Magnesium eyedrops for eye viral infections. Ozone for tuberculosis. My favorite is no fruits for any of the above especially cancer! Today we just basically use antibiotic and eat all you want for everything mentioned here and it just doesn't work anymore.

Ted

Replied by Kal
08/28/2010

Hi Ted,

You are amazing. You are really a true guru in healing.
Why no fruit? Isn't it supposed to be good in illness?
However I just read on the net that nightshade fruits & vegetables actually are the root of all illnesses.

Regards,
Kal

Replied by Ted
Bangkok, Thailand
08/28/2010
383 posts

Dear Kal:

Our body system was actually not designed to handle the metabolism of fructose. Biochemically speaking, both alcohol and fructose uses the same biochemical pathways, competing for each other. This is why alcoholics don't get drunk if they take fruits along with alcohol. Fructose is linked to much of the modern day's disease, uric acid, cholesterol, triglycerides, cancer, diabetes and aging, for one. Just google fructose and cancer, fructose and diabetes, fructose and cholesterol, fructose and triglyercide, fructose and diabetes, as an example. The whole industry makes money on corn syrup, or so called High Fructose Corn Syrup, found in most product because it is both more sweeter and cost a lot less. In fact plain old sugar sucrose, compared to fructose is a lot safer. I have people with liver cancer going to metastatic cancer in a matter of 2 hours, liver cancer 2 hours after consuming just plain fruits, such as 3 bananas in one case, 2 glasses of coconut juice in another case, and a half kilo of rambutan in another. Fructose is the only sugar that is known to cause cancer to proliferate and grow, unlike other sugar, which helps cancer maintain its status. The difference between cancer and healthy cells is simple: sugar is needed by cancer only. The body will store fructose as fat, so just taking tten days of fructose, three times a day guarantees that you can get a larger belly. The liver simply is efficient in converting fructose to fat more so then just plain sugar. To become permanently diabetic is really simple, drink a coke three times a day for about two years. This will cause lifetime obesity and especially diabetes, or you can go the other way around drinking fruit juices. They both contain fructose. The easiest way to reduce cholesterol, triglyceride, blood glucose, but raise HDL, reduce LDL, and vLDL, is simply to reduce the fructose intake.

Ted

Replied by Summerhaunt
Licking, Mo, United States
10/15/2010

For some of the people who have gotten tooth sensitivity after oil pulling, I have gotten relief by allowing a calcium/magnesium/zinc caplet to dissolve in my mouth (I just put it between the gum by my sensitive teeth and the cheek and let the saliva dissolve it). I allow the saliva with the calcium mixture to just wash over my teeth for a good while, then swallow when I have to. I usually would just do it at bed time because it was easy to just let the mixture sit in my mouth. You will be left with some small crunchy bits, but I just gently chew on those, figuring they'll work on the chewing surfaces of my molars. It feels a little chalky, but otherwise doesn't taste too bad. I think the sensitivity is happening because the oil pulling removes some of the buildup of plaque and such on the teeth, revealing porous parts of the teeth that were damaged in the past or due to weak enamel. The calcium wash gets to those parts of the teeth and helps to begin remineralizing. For me only 2 or 3 days of letting a calcium/magnesium/zinc caplet to dissolve in my mouth was enough to totally get rid of tooth sensitivity.

Replied by Michael
Calca, Cusco, Peru
10/12/2011

Dear Ted,

You have indicated that eating fruit is not healthful which is contrary to most nutritional advice.

Can you explain why "Our body system was actually not designed to handle the metabolism of fructose."? What research has been done to prove this?

What do you consider to be a healthy diet?

Thank you, Michael.

Replied by Klh31508
Cincinnati, Oh
03/06/2014

I have heard that OP has some detox effects, such as heavy metals and other good health benefits. My question is I take medications, for many things, however of most concern is Coumadin. When I hear the word detox I fear that it will pull the coumadin from my system as well. I have done some fad diet detox, and this seems to happen, I just wondered if anyone could speak to this subject. Will it lower the circulating dose of medications?

Thanks, KLH31508


NEXT