Ted's Dog Mange Cure

Posted by Cedar (Zahirabad, India) on 02/25/2009

Dear Ted: Thanks a million for making this information available. I am in India and cannot seem to find Borax, but have just bought Boric Acid. I tried the recipe on my dog and it seems to have lessened the itching. Just want to make sure that Boric Acid it safe for him, since he licks himself after I have rinsed with the Hyd Peroxide + Boric Acid mixture. Many thanks. Cedar

EC: WARNING! According to Ted's instructions section on the mange page, boric acid is toxic and should not be used as an alternative.

"...However, one should not use boric acid since there are reported deaths associated with boric acid but not borax." http://www.earthclinic.com/pets/dog_mange_cure.html#TED

Replied by ROBERT HENRY
TEN MILE, TN
02/26/2009

My dad used sulfur, boric acid and used motor oil on my dogs and it cured the mange every time. He also used tomato juice on them when they messed with skunks and it worked. I appreciate Ted's contributions, but he puts his britches on one leg at a time just like we all do.

Replied by Ted
Bangkok, Thailand
02/27/2009
384 posts

I don't use boric acid at all. I used a saturated borax in 1% hydrogen peroxide solution. Boric acid is never used. In any event, certain mild mange can be helped by applying vegetable oils, but I cannot confirm this. In an event I can't get borax, I might consider benzoyl peroxide 5% applied thinly to the area that's infected to buy some time.

http://www.e-exchangeindia.com/trade/aa815494.html

If the dog needs emergency care I would consider a vet. An exception does occur if the vet can't do anything about it, which does happen from time to time.

Ted


NEXT