How to Tell If the Body Is Not Neutralizing Acid From ACV?
I noticed in a recent Earthclinic post (June 4th), that you indicated that taking ACV could cause problems in the long-term because the body may not be able to neutralise the acid. I've been taking ACV (two teaspoons in a large cup of water twice a day) for about ten years, with no obvious ill-effects. I take it because of the supposed health benefits - I am female, 62 years old with normal blood pressure and cholesterol, and no symptoms of arthritis or other joint pain. In fact, as far as I am aware, I am in excellent health. I notice that some correspondents take much larger quantities of ACV than I do, but I prefer to stick to Jarvis' recommendation of two teaspoons of ACV per dose. I had hoped to carry on with the ACV for the rest of my life, but your comments have got me worried now. How would I know if my body is not neutralizing the acid? Do I have to get a testing kit, or would I notice symptoms? I would appreciate your advice. I don't mind if you email me personally with your reply, or on Earthclinic. With thanks.