Is it Safe to Take Industrial Grade Borax?

Posted by J. (Philippines) on 01/25/2015

Hello Sir, First I would like to thank you for providing the formula over earthlicnic for multiple disease.

I would like to ask is it safe to take Borax (Industrial Grade) as I can't find the 20 mule team brand or a better grade here in my country Philippines.

By the way, I'm trying to cure seborrheic dermatitis which is similar to psoriasis, it crippled my life for almost 5-6 years now. My face,chest,scalp.back is full of white and sometiems hard pinkish scale and it's painful or itchy.

This is the only borax i can find in my country -

They said it's industrial grade. Thank You

Replied by Ted
Bangkok, Thailand
391 posts

The commercial grade is probably used in 20 Mule Team borax. Industrial grade is suited in temperature stability and should be close enough. Any form of psoriasis always to avoid sugar and late evening meals, especially fried food the worse is fruits and honey and processed food which contains fructose. Once fungus take their hold it will grow inside the cells. An easy way to stop it is ammonium choride solution but they sting a lot, initially. More gentle is sodium thiosulfate saturated solution. People in general do not share information because there is no money to be made and private sectors will only sell if they can be done legally and is approved medicine by the authorities. As a result people are left untreated using the same medically approved medicines that dont work. Medical doctors used the same textbook which espoused cortisone treatment that caused side effects. Ted

Replied by Diamond

Wouldn't it be acceptable to take a bath with the industrial grade of borax? at least it will stop the itching for a bit. Some companies may have very close to brand names & might work the same way/ trial & error no? Good Luck

Replied by Timh
2063 posts

I often take 20 Mule Team Borax (which is essentially industrial grade) in a hot bath as an effective home remedy against a chronic and debilitating mycoplasma infection.

Replied by Mariasafari
The Netherlands

@Ted from Bangkok: have you tried rubbing pure coconut oil on the psoriasis? For me I find this helps to some extent.

Replied by Linda
La Mesa, Ca


Where does on find a medicinal grade sodium thiosulfate saturated solution?

And does it come in a form that can be dissolved in good water and sipped throughout the day to deal with candidiaes?



Replied by Sybil

I find sodium thiosulfate at the pool/spa supply store. It has been working well for me for more than two years now.

Replied by Vreed27
Seattle, Wa

100 % Pure gum spirits Pine tree turpentine has been helping me with my Candida issue.

Replied by Eileen B.

20 mule team borax is comprised of 99.5 percent pure borax, a naturally occurring mineral composed of sodium, boron, oxygen and water. The remaining 0.5 percent is composed of trace minerals. This is what you are calling "industrial grade."

Replied by S

Wouldn't it be dangerous to take 100% pure borax without the trace minerals? Or does it make no difference?

Replied by Pote Pigulsawas

Does anyone know if it is OK to use commercial grade Borax (available in Thailand) for a Mite solution? To consume internally and to use for face treatment (Demodex). Regards.