Chelation Seemed to Make Candida Worse (2)
Wow! What a thorough, prompt and helpful response! Based on my urinary pH of 6.5 (taken this morning) and your response, here's what I'm going to try:
1. 1/4 tsp baking soda + 1/4 tsp of sodium carbonate (washing soda) in at least 1/2 glass of water three times a day, to raise pH & maintain pH level of at least 7.5
2. continue current practice of drinking minimum of 1 gallon of water daily, but for this I will use your ORMUS water (1/4 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon of sodium carbonate and 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt in 1 liter of drinking water; I have already been in the practice of adding 1/2 tsp. sea salt per 1/2 gallon, which is almost 2 liters)
3. continue current practice of supplemental EPA (fish oil), evening primrose oil, cod liver oil, and milk thistle (for liver support; I already bought a 3 month supply)
4. continue current diet of wild salmon 2x/week, brown rice & baked potatoes for carbs, lots of vegetables, limited fresh fruit and no added sugar. I also take most mornings a "green shake" of lettuce or spinach, 1 Tblsp. rice protein powder, 2 Tblsp. ground flax meal, 1 Tblsp. psyllium husk, 2-3 drops of stevia, and 1 Tblsp. of organic extra virgin coconut oil.
after pH of at least 7.5 is achieved, continue items 2-4 above, and begin:
5. supplemental magnesium citrate 250 mg, vitamin C 500 mg, and a vitamin B complex, plus drinking 1/2 glass of water with 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 2x/day
6. chelation therapy of granulated lecithin 1 Tablespoon daily, plus 1 small handful cilantro every other day (cutting down on cilantro and spacing further if side effects occur)
7. use up the probiotic I bought (but not replace it! saving about $50/month!)
After I am candida-symptom-free for at least a month, I hope to try a liver cleanse (the prep for this includes a 3-day apple juice fast, so I want to make sure the candida is not going to come back with a vengence from all that sugar!).
I also will have the amalgam fillings removed, and look into alternatives for my root canal.
It will take me a few days to start on the washing soda, as I have been unable to locate it locally & will order it online.
Thanks very, very much for all the info. Please write back if you see anything in the above protocol that looks amiss; otherwise, I hope to check back in with you in a few months to report the success of your recommended therapies! I am so grateful for the hope you have given me.