How Will ACV Help When It Is Acidic

Posted by Margaret (New Zealand) on 08/06/2006

After 4yrs of medication for severe reflux I am trying natural remedies! Tried ACV to no effect and now trying the bicarbonate of soda remedy.My question is: how do I know that I am producing too much acid or not enough? If I am producing too much how will ACV help when it is acidic? My main symptoms are: burning throat, very sore right ear, occasional bloating, sensation of blocked throat and sometimes food/acid coming up into back of throat. I avoid all acidic foods and have severly restricted my diet but my symptoms have not disappeared in the four years since symptoms appeared. I am feeling very miserable as it feels that I will never eat normally again! I am already too thin! Please HELP!

Replied by Ted
Bangkok, Thailand
383 posts

Margaret: Treating yourself via natural therapies are in fact rather easy but arduous in what I would call by process of elmination, but more by trying different supplements then just diet restrictions. Usually diet restrictions applies only for the obvious ones such as sugar, fried food, microwave foods, bakery products, etc.

Most diagnosis today is still just guess work as it is symptom-based, rather than cause-base.

An acid reflux could be any number of problems. Most problems I have seen is the baking soda issue, usually taken for about a week, the second issue is the potassium issue (taken along with it or later on) such as potassium citrate. Going down the lists if bicarbonate doesn't work for you is taking the obvious supplements in the following order, magnesium, zinc, copper, boron, molybdenum for example on the minerals.

Then there is the pathogen issue (helicobacter pylori), where a simple dietary intake of fulvic acid and humic acid mixed in a suitable dechlorinator of sodium thiosulfate would do. The sodium thiosulfate somehow kills this pathogen too, which is why it is usually added. Also for some reason or another, the fulvic/humic acid would relieve most of the acid reflux issue when pathogen is suspect. And yes, I have had great success using fulvic/humic acid in treating helicobacter pylori for ulcers and certain acid reflux, if you are wondering.

Getting your electrolyte status balanced is important, and most likely the "macro" electrolyte are usually the obvious target, such as sodium bicarbonate, followed closely by sea salt and magnesium. The micro components might be related, but I haven't had to go that far and cannot recommend them as you will have difficulty finding them anyway.

Finally, recent research have indicated abnormalities physical esophogeal or related functions. There are reports that surgery does improve acid reflux, but I am thinking along the lines of using at least 4 i.u. of Vitamin E to improve the muscular digestion process and sensitivity by taking vitamin B complex for at least a week. The dose is important for B complex, usually most of the vitamin Bs for each one must have at least 1-2 mg, for B1, B2, B3(niacinamide), etc. Exception is B12, which is only 1 micrograms. If you have difficulty swallowing usually a simple vitamin E can really help.

Vitamin B5 and B6 deserves special mention as this is rather high also IN Royal Jelly (a bee product). I have had my own mother with an acid reflux that just CANNOT digest any food for three days in a row and magnesium and others simply won't work.

In an emergency, I got my royal jelly I bought sometime ago in the freezer and gave her a heaping teaspoon for FRESH frozen royal jelly. Within minutes her three day acid reflux spree was completely reduced. So happy with the result, two hours later I got one more teaspoon of royal jelly and she was completely cured. It never came back.

The acid reflux, at least for my own mother that did not respond to any KNOWN natural therapies was caused by an unknown pathogen/allergy trigger when she ate a suki seafood at a well known restaurant here in Thailand several years back.

I suspect it was also caused by some kind of chemical toxins they used as preservative as I also was sick, but did not get a severe acid reflux problems and the restaurant was well known by hearsay evidence anyway that they use chemical toxins such as formalin to keep seafood fresh. In fact this is a well known issue here.

If formalin or chemical poison is at issue, usually a simple ammonia smelling salts will do, or ammonia chloride solution applied to the skin to be absorbed intradermally (safest route).

Ammonia is a common antidote for formaldehyde, but most poisoning centers don't know that. It must be understood that the knowledge based for antidotes in poisoning centers at present are totally inadequate worldwide and you must do your homework yourself. I challenge you just to find a simple antidote of formaldehyde or fluoride or dioxin and you will have great difficulty finding it. Therefore, I have taken some pains trying to post some this information everywhere on the internet, but still, I have very little impact.

Of course, sodium thiosulfate is also a common antidote for many unknown chemical poisons also, including lavender oil, sodium bicarbonate and vinegar should be in all medicine chests when such Unknown poisoning does occur. Most emergency antidote from poisoning centers and even military used are laughably inadequate. We just simply can no longer rely on the big brother to treat us for everything!