Seeking Proper Diet for Ulcerative Colitis
Ted, I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis three years ago. Due to multiple flare ups, my disease is reaching the chronic stage. In desperation, I searched the internet to educate myself about ulcerative colitis. By reading posts, mostly yours, I realized that my doctor either doesn't know anything about uc or doesn't want to inform me about the horrible disease. He told me the disease is an autoimmune disease that attacks the colon, it's probably hereditary (even though no one in my family, that I know of, has it), he doesn't know the cause of it, and there's no cure.
On January 1, 2012, after suffering a seven week flare up, I changed my diet. No sugar, starches (rice, pasta), vegetables that grow under ground, bread, dairy, oils (except coconut), and fruit. Only water to drink. It's the candida diet because I think all the antibiotics and steroids my doctor prescribed, over the years, caused candida overgrowth. I AM STARVING! I try to make the best of it but I grew up with meals consisting of rice or pasta, and bread with every meal. I've been reading about coconut flour and xylitol. http://products.mercola.com/coconut-flour and www.healthyindulgences.net/2009/07/healthy-cake-with-secret-part-2-gluten.html Gives me something to look forward to. But first I must suffer through three months of curing this disease, which I am determined to do.
I have read your treatment for ulcerative colitis. So far, this is what I understand: Take 1/4 tsp aloe vera oil, 1/16 tsp humic acid, and DMSO orally (before meals) 3 x daily. Also 1/4 tsp aloe vera oil, 1/16 tsp humic acid, DMSO and one drop Lugol's 5% solution, rectally, 3 x daily. Take one tbsp coconut oil, orally, a few minutes before each meal. Take Cinnamon oil, one drop Lugol's iodine solution in one liter of water (with baking soda to alkalize?), orally, 3 x daily. Alkalize all water. After three months, and all symptoms are gone, maintain with humic acid once or twice weekly, betaine hydrochloride with every meal, and alkalized water after every meal. My concerns are:
- What foods should I avoid while killing the mycobaterium? Can I go back to my normal eating habits after three months of strictly following the treatment plan, (except for refined sugar, hydrogenated oils, seasoning with soy sauce and msg, and consuming dairy products. I never want to consume those poisons again)?
- What cereal is safe while killing mycobacterium? I love the taste of milk but I don't want to consume animal's milk. Is soy milk safe?
- Where can I find 100% humic acid in powder form?
- How do I consume the humic acid and aloe vera oil orally? Do I mix them with water? How do I take it rectally? In a douche bottle diluted with water or liquid? Make a suppository? Wouldn't know how to do that. So confused.
- What is DMSO and where can I find it?
- How much DMSO should I add with the aloe vera oil and humic acid, orally?
- Should the DMSO be added to the rectal solution of aloe vera oil and humic acid? If so, how much?
- Do I alkalize the cinnamon oil and iodine solution? 7.5 to 8.5 ph?
- What part of the day should I drink the cinnamon oil and iodine solution? Between meals, after meals?
- How much baking soda per so many ounces of water to alkalize bottled drinking water? I've been using 1/4 tsp. baking soda per 10 oz. water.
- How do I sterilize humic acid with h2o2 (peroxide?) if the humic acid is powder?
- How long before meals should I take the humic acid and aloe vera oil orally?
- Do I take humic acid once weekly, betaine hydrochloride with every meal, and alkalized water after every meal for the rest of my life to keep the disease from returning?
- I understand that I must give up dairy products/ calcium, iron permanently.
- I read about two types of whole grain flower, teff and spelt, but they both have iron. Is any iron safe? What about vegetables with iron? So confused.
Thank you so much for your time and patience with me. I am anxiously waiting for your response. Hope to hear from you soon.
London, Ont, Canada
Dc, Md, USA