Mold and Black Mold Exposure - Ted's Q&A

Browse Ted's Q&A

Mold Exposure in Thailand

Posted by L (Thailand) on 11/23/2012

Hi Ted, I have noticed mould growing on the ceiling. I also noticed some kind of white mould on the wall in my sleeping room. I am not sure what to do. What would you recommend me to do? Should i leave Thailand altogether? Am i risking something by having more and more exposure? What can i do to feel better? I was reading about some supplementals i might just try to take but i don't think i will be able to get Vitamin B here, or H2O2 - unless i travel back to Bangkok which is quite a trip. Should i try to get any of these? Is the black mould actually dangerous to me or is it just the allergic reaction? Where do we go without being exposed to any of these "biotoxins"?

Replied by Ted
Bangkok, Thailand
11/29/2012
383 posts

Here are some answers:

1.) What would you recommend me to do? Should i leave Thailand altogether? Am i risking something by having more and more exposure?

First you have to know how to get rid of the mold, such as using ammonium chloride, urea, sodium thiosulfate, or hydrochloric acid. Preferably ammonium chloride and/or ammonium chloride should be used in a sprayer, such as 5 to 10% solution is what I usually use.

2.) What can i do to feel better?

Easy, get rid of them. The preferred method is sodium thiosulfate or urea applied topically, urea or sodium thiosulfate or hydrogen peroxide 0.5% can also be taken. A solution of 10% sodium thiosulfate applied to the face should bring a quick relief to the issue.

3.) Is the black mould actually dangerous to me or is it just the allergic reaction?

Most people are allergic to different degrees dictated by their diets, but black molds cause cancer from aflatoxins, so generally it is best to get rid of it. Diets that help are high in copper, zinc, protein, vitamin C, and B3 niacinamide as a start. Lysine and N acetyl cysteine really help, and especially sea salt really helps nasal drips in 5 minutes, taken at 1 teaspoon with a cup of water, although for the general un-allergic people, it is 1/4 teaspoon per liter of water.

And finally, we need to control our environments, the problem of today is we are too ignorant. Look at Encyclopedia Britannica 1911 edition and people know a lot more back then compared to today.

Ted

Replied by Robertn
New York, New York
01/20/2013

Ted, I was just wondering, since N acetyl cysteine helps remove heavy metals out of the body, would that affect me and the copper and zinc that I am taking to rid my body of a fungus? Should I take them at the same time or different times?


NEXT