Need Advice Regarding Kidney Disease and Blood Pressure
Dear Ted, I read all your emails very carefully and I must say you took my attention with your background and knowledge, especially in chemistry. Thank you for helping to so many people around the Globe!
I would like to ask you several questions about my lovely dad (85 years old) with chronic kidney disease (elevated creatinine, normal urea) from years, hypertension, and kidney suggested anemia (low Erythrocytes, high CRP & Reaction of ER precipitation). He doesn't have diabetes, but is very near as he was diagnosed with metabolic syndrome. Dad have been treated for his high blood pressure with ARB, Furosemide, and beta blockers but not for his anemia as his HB 12, 8 (instead of the normal 13,5)and the doctors think that is too early he to be placed on EPO treatment. He takes also daily multivitamin, antioxidants- Alpha Lipoic Acid, vit C, vit D, pycnogenol, berberine, L-carnitine, 3 omega fish oil, B12-500 mg and the rest of the B group, lecithin, Co Q10 with digestive enzymes. His blood pressure has the tendency to be elevated, fluctuating between 149/80 to 180/100. Nothing from all his natural formulas helped him for his kidneys and BP. He used Chinese herbs -Kidney well and Berberine - but not much help with them either. Yesterday the MD found 1g of protein in his urine- proteiunuria. His electrolytes are normal, with exception of his Potassium that is reaching the upper referenced border, and Phosphorus - below its lower reference. He is on a low purine diet, low salt and sugars, no diet soda, but he craves constantly for bread, cheese, milk and fruits and consumes enough of them despite he should be restricting, because of his potassium levels.
My questions are the following:
1) Do you think he can start your (Soda, Lemon or ACV) treatment by taking into account his almost constantly elevated blood pressure? He suffers of GERD also.
2) Do you think I can stop or reverse his proteinuria and how?
3) How can I keep his blood pressure low?
4) Will I be able to help his kidney related anemia with natural formulas and which ones?
5) Any supplement that you think I should consider stopping or adding to his previous. I read that B1 helps with reversing diabetic kidney failure but he doesn't have diabetes, and also that vit D2 helps in case of hyperpathyroid status, which he might have in case his Phosphorus is so low.
6) Any specific ideas for eventual changes in his diet?
Thank you for your time before hand! Best wishes to you and your family.