There are other herbal preparations that can be helped with UTI and they are taken usually 4 times a day:
1. Uva Ursi. Has antimicrobial and research has support its traditional use, usually 1-2 teaspoon of the herb.
2. Goldenseal Root. Also long known as a strong antibacterial agent to be used as tea or 1 teaspoon of dried herb in a cup of water.
3. Althea officianalis, used as cold infusion soaked in cold water and drink.
4. Galium aparine (cleavers) Has long history of use and taken with tea.
5. Zea Mays (Corn silk). Diuretic.
6. Buchu - Diuretic and antiseptic properties.
7. Equisetum arvense (Horsetail) - Diuretic, astringent and healing properties.
Germantown, Ohio, Usa