Help with Food and Airborne Allergies
I'm 22 and I suffer with many food and airborne allergies. I came across earthclinic when looking for natural remedies to cure/lessen allergies. I saw a whole bunch of success stories of people using apple cider vinegar to alleviate there symptoms, so for the past two days I've been having 2 tbs to 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. I do notice a difference, but I know it takes the body a decent amount of time to heal so I plan to continue taking ACV for a few months to see if it works.
Allergies are ruling my life and making me miserable. They have lead to my depression and anxiety. I have sinusitis (always have big dark circles under my eyes), dry itchy skin, keratosis pilaris, acne. I will break out in skin rashes when I eat something I'm intolerant/allergic too, or when I'm around airborne allergies. My body always feels inflamed, it's terrible. It's hard for me to function and when people say it's all in my head it only makes me worse. This has been going on for close to 5 years now, and I know it was because of my terrible eating habits and the many antibiotics I've taken for acne. For the last 2 years I've changed my diet to a plant based foods. Lots of veggies, fruits, nuts/seeds, grains and some meat. They have helped with some aspects of my life but not my allergies. I have been seeking for a cure and I thought I could do it through diet. It doesn't seem to be enough. I've been to all sorts of naturopaths, doctors, allergist but none of them can help me. It's cost me a fortune and it seems like I'm missing something.
I read about you in the "About us" section on earthclinic and have read various of you posts. I saw in your mini write up that your dad was able to cure his sinus infection through taking large doses of vitamin C. When I saw that it gave me some hope. I did some more reading about people curing there allergies by doing the same. A naturopath I saw said take as much vitamin C until you have loose stools, then lessen the dose. That leads me to my questions.
1. Is there a specific kind of vitamin C I need to take?
2. Is there any other supplements I should take to get rid of my allergies? I also take a multivitamin and acidophilus.
3. How should I take Vitamin C? All at once or 3 times a day taking X amount of pills?
4. Should I keep taking ACV if I'm taking large doses of vit c?
5. I have a lot of food intolerances/allergies, how is it even possible to eat a healthy diet when your allergic to so many healthy things? Do you just ignore it and eat it anyways and get to the root of the problem?
6. I work on a construction site which is always dusty and the air is always full of other nasty things, would it be best to quit or will it not matter when I start taking the right supplements?
I would be so thankful if you could give me some answers on how to rid myself of allergies. Its been a huge burden.
Thanks for your time.