Chemical Sensitivity Remedies - Ted's Q&A

Browse Ted's Q&A

Something in Kitchen Causing Terrible Reaction

Posted by Anon on 10/26/2008

My friend and her husband bought a townhouse in San Fran last spring. Turns out they couldn't move in because there was a mold issue in the kitchen and her husband has a terrible reaction to mold. They spent thousands and thousands of dollars removing the walls in the kitchen and taking out the mold. It's gone (they have since tested for mold 2x), but he is still having some kind of reaction... perhaps to the chemicals in the kitchen (they had to re-do everything).. Her husband is fine in the rest of the house, but a few minutes in that kitchen and he has a reaction (terrible migraine, nausea) that lasts for hours.

Any ideas? She's tried air quality specialists, sealing the electrical outlets (where a smell seems to emanate from)allergists, putting tons of plants, leaving the windows wide open for weeks, etc. Nothing is working. Couldn't still be the mold, could it?

Replied by Ted
Bangkok, Thailand
383 posts

Actually once the molds enter in the body, it will be sensitive to certain chemicals and the body will be reactive even if the molds are not still there. A mycotoxins or spores often come from the windows or outside that may still be there.

It's usually best to detoxify the body with 10 drops of 3% H2O2, in a glass of water plus 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon of potassium bicarbonate twice a day to flush some of those molds to reduce the reactivity. However it is still also necessary to a simple way of killing these molds, which is an ammonium bicarbonate 10% or ammonium chloride 10% solution and put in a mist sprayer to remove the remaining spores and their mycotoxins. A more powerful mixture is a combination of ammonium chloride or ammonium bicarbonate 10% with a 10% solution of milk of magnesia (which is often an 8% solution of magnesium hydroxide, with no aluminum added), and spray the entire kitchen area as many times as necessary. To kill bacteria and other things, 10% xyltiol can be added to the mist sprayer. Spores and remaining fungus should be entirely removed. A common antidote to remove the remaining mycotoxins in the body is 1000 mg of sodium ascorbate and 1000 mg of BHT.

If that's not working another method is to add 3 drops of 0.1% methylene blue three times a day, in a 1/2 glass of water, which is more or less 100 micrograms of methylene blue. It should be noted that this is used in much greater quantities by U.S. troops long ago as a cure for malaria, at a ridiculously high 50 mg.

As for me I used this to reduce allergic reaction - especially allergic fungus reaction. In my books, at least the allergic reaction is due fungus, but is made much worse by a redox imbalance, which more or less that the body's is lacking in antioxidant from the point of view that the negativity of the blood measured in millivolts, can be checked for in the urine using the usual cheap ORP meter (oxidation reduction potential), and has to be -100 millivolts to -200 millivolts.

A figure nearing -50 to 0 is a sign of allergic response to increase (it encourages fungal growth), from the fungus that is in existence inside the body systems. A methylene blue is an amazing carrier of negative hydrogen molecules and electron carries and seems to block fungus growth and it's attachement to healthy cells reducing the allergic response by killing off fungus in suble ways. It causes a uniformity in ORP electrical potential.

The theory behind this thought is a long one, so I don't want to bore you with this, but a more interesting note is it used in low dose amount to exceed Hayflick limit of population doublings by 25-30 population doublngs compared to normal cellular lifespan of 10 -11 population doublings, So therefore it's safe as it is extremely low dose. The dose I used is based on that study.

There are two ways of finding the source. Once is food intolerance testing using the FDA approved Asyra machine, which is an electronic form of food intolerance testing. It can go through hundreds of food and chemical within a very short time. The other is the hair mineral analysis which will reveal what metal toxicity there is that caused the reaction. If one of the metals are high the body will respond badly to certain toxins.

It should be noted that alkalizing the body reduces the fungus inside the system, through vitamin C and baking soda generally speaking, but the ammonium chloride, or a more elaborate formulations mentioned here should get rid of the remaing fungus and bacteria. Also the hair mineral analysis and food intolerance test will be a real eye opener too.